Thursday, July 3, 2008

YAY!

TOMORROW IS THE 4TH OF JULY!!!!

I am so excited. I feel like a kid at Christmas.
This past week sucked at work, so I am soooooo looking forward to this weekend.

Parades, Pools, BBQ's, Fireworks, and Wakeboarding....here we come.

Saw the movie "Hancock" on Tuesday. LOVED it. Again, not as much as Ironman. However, if the Buddhists have it right, I want to come back in my next life as Charlize Theron.


Hancock Movie




Now, I am debating on whether or not to see "Wanted". I am such a James McEvoy, Angelina Jolie, and Morgan Freeman fan. How could it not be good. I have vowed to not watch R rated movies, and I have done pretty good at that in the past 6 years. I've only watched 2...Black Hawk Down and 3:10 to Yuma. And you know....who's to say that they won't change the rating to PG-13 like they did with Last of the Mohicans. There isn't any nudity in the movie. And it took them forever to decide to finally put a rating on it, which means it is pretty close to PG-13 anyway.
The reason for me not wanting to watch R rated movies, is cause there is too much crap in movies nowadays that I don't want to fill my mind with anymore. I noticed after I stopped watching those movies I could really tell that I became a much more sensitive, compassionate, nicer person. So that is why. I know ....ONE R rated movie won't hurt....yeah....that's like trying to explain to an alcoholic that one more drink won't hurt. . Let me share.....the first movie i remember seeing in a movie theater was "Terminator". That movie was in theaters when I was 4 years old. yeah. Watching violent R rated movies in my house growing up was as common as milk.
So, do I hang a foot off the wagon or stay safely buckled down?

1 comment:

Dmcguire25 said...

I am a bad influence and so I say jump and watch it. Again bad influence here, this is a warning label for if you follow my advice. I am a watcher of rated R movies and I am great so what could go wrong? LOL!!! I think that if you watch them here and there then it is fine. You are a great judge of charater and therefore you can judge the ones you want that wont hurt you too much. I think though if you are avoiding nudity, violence, and bad things... wanted isnt the best choice. Maybe you should go watch Wall-e instead... wuss! LOL!!! Love ya babe, happy fourth it was awesome!