Sunday, July 6, 2008

Such a great Independence Day Weekend!!

Wow...I haven't had this great of a weekend since visiting Matty and JZ in DC.

Spencer's new business has been occupying so much of our time that all we ever have time for is a dinner and/or movie. Not the case this weekend. We actually didn't get to ANY movies this weekend. I think I am over my strong "necessary" desire to see "Wanted".
Alrighty then, so on our beautiful day of Independence I slept in until 9 am...then Spencer and I got ready to go to the Indian Trail parade. We got excellent spots. Right on the front line and at the top of a hill so we could see who and when what was coming. The best part of the parade was the very first group. The Veterans of Foreign Wars. (moment of silence please) .....
I was so glad I chose to wear my Mary Kate/Ashley Olson sunglasses. Tears would not stop falling when these incredible heroes were marching proudly by. The rest of the parade was sadly commercialized..people passing out coupons for their businesses....but just to see the VFW was well worth the trip.

After sitting in the sun for an hour and a half I was ready for my pool. Then, we headed over to Michelle and Jason's house for dinner and fireworks. and some Chase Merrill. Until I have my own children, this girl has my heart...


I am so bummed I didn't get a picture of Houston (Merrill dog) charging the fireworks. It happened right after this picture was taken of me and Chase. Dogs apparently don't like the high pitched squeal that is emitted from the whistling fireworks, and Houston was definitely on an immediate mission to cease and desist. hilarious.

I don't know why...but Michelle and I can't take normal pictures together.

So the fireworks were good...but Mother Nature blessed us tremendously. No rain...no thunder...INCREDIBLE lightning in the clouds right above us. I had never seen anything like it. It was like a little party in the cloud above us. And there was NO wind..so we watched lightning right above us for at least an hour. It was spectacular.
quote of the night:
Jason: "Maybe it's not a storm...have you ever seen "War of the Worlds"?

No comments: