Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

WE HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME TONIGHT!

First of all let me say...I LOVE living in here!

We've been here for just over one month now, and for that first month I wasn't quite sure if I was settled with living here indefinitely.
Well, last night we went to the marina with Ed (Spencer's business buddy)...we saw the movie 2012, and then to dinner and THE BEST DESSERT PLACE EVER, Senor Sweets. We get a table outside on the patio right next to some boats in the harbor, then Spencer and Ed get up to go look at what gelato flavors they had. So, I was sitting by myself for about 6 minutes. In those 6 minutes, I realized that I truly love living here. Life here is so unassuming and simple. It's beautiful, rustic, and culturally different from what I am accustomed to...so it has me on my toes at all times, and wherever I go....which is exciting to me.

Anyway, Ed got a bunch of us reservations at the funnest restaurant/bar/grille tonight for Thanksgiving. We were there for about 4 hours eating a turkey dinner, watching football games, laughing, and watching our good friend Steve get up with a mic and bust out Mustang Sally accompanied by an incredible jazz pianist. Great food, AWESOME entertainment, and even though we couldn't be with family on this wonderful holiday...we still felt the love amongst great friends.
I am so thankful to be here, and to be blessed with wonderful people all around.


1 comment:

Matt and Jeanette said...

That sounds AWESOME!! I wish I could become and Iacono! :) So by now Craig and Sharon should be there! YES!! I am so excited for you guys- I just wish I could be there-owell, we are having WAFFLES today for breakfast and thats almost as good as being Cabo...almost!!

You guys have fun, kick some bootie at water volleyball and show no mercy in Spanish Bingo! You've got to REPRESENT!

Love you guys!