Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Celebration

My man is DA MAN!
Spencer set up everything so spectacularly!
We flew in to Cabo on our 7 year Anniversary/Valentine's Day.
(FYI: Im not that sappy...7 years ago Valentine's Day just happened to be the start of a 4 day weekend, so Spencer didn't have school)

We have been to Mexico 4 times in the past 2 years, and this is the first time we felt that we had actually been to Mexico.
Spencer made reservations at Siesta Hotel...right smack dab in the middle of downtown Cabo San Lucas. And for our very special dinner....drum roll please...
SALVATORE'S
This restaurant is the #1 premier Italian restaurant in all of Mexico. He had to make the reservations one month in advance...and better yet, it was connected to our hotel.

We were a little late getting out of customs at the airport, so by the time we got to our hotel, it was time to get to our reservations.(not time to change clothes)..so I ate my 7 year anniversary dinner at a premier Italian restaurante wearing a white vneck t-shirt w/ a chocolate stain paired with my green crop bottom sweat pants.




It was a six course FANTASTIC dinner. For the main course, I had the sea bass, and Spencer had the Filet Mignon.

I wrote Spencer a poem, appropriately entitled: "Anniversary"

After dinner we walked around downtown for awhile, and it was great, but none of my pictures turn out at night. But it is amazing how safe and non threatening Cabo is at nighttime. We saw some INCREDIBLE artists on the sides of the road, and met some very interesting people.

Here are some morning views from our hotel room.




The picture above is SALVATORE'S, I love how our hotel room was right above it! We sat against the far brick wall for dinner. I LOVE how it is just covered by palm trees! Oh, and the only music they play is the classic crooner stuff...Sinatra, Martin, etc.

The picture below is me under the sign, in case you can't read it....and that was the dress I was supposed to change into for the dinner, alas, I could only wear it to church the next day.


Okay, HONORABLE MENTION goes to....
STEVE BRODERICK
Before we left, Steve had told Spencer about this vendor guy who sells the world's most amazing tacos on the street by Cabo Wabo. So we were on a mission. While we were walking around meeting people after our dinner, we find out that the vendor guy has become so famous he finally got his own little shop, and he got ranked on City Traveler magazine!

GORDO LELE TACOS

WORDS CAN NOT DESCRIBE!!

These tacos are so super duper amazing!! They are packed with tons of whatever kind of meat you want...stacked with avocado, onions, salsa's, and when I say packed...I mean HUGE PACKED! We got 15 tacos for $20. My favorite was the shrimp tacos!!!
Well, we got so many tacos, because church was from 12:30 to 1:30 and then we were meeting my parents at the villa. And they would be hungry.
When I first bit into one, I think I felt one glistening tear of joy stream down my face.
So, that was our first "REAL" trip to Mexico. It really is amazing how Americanized the resorts are. Not that I'm complaining...2 days in real Mexico was just enough for my first!

Okay, I'll post the rest of the 2 weeks later.



2 comments:

Dmcguire25 said...

WHAT!!!! Are you kidding you tempt us with that and say I will post later!!!! I want a refund!!! I am so glad you are back and now I can go to Cabo through your pictures! Love ya girl and may I say the picture of you in the Tank at dinner, you look like you are 12!!! You are so thin and tiny and look beautiful! Happy Anniversary!

Brenda said...

How fun for you guys. These are memories you will always treasure. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and MANY MORE TO COME!!!