Friday, January 9, 2009

Praise be to Carmax!

Okay. I attempted the whole stick shift thing. All of you drivers out there should thank me for my decision to not do it. Way to dangerous. The whole, timing the clutch and gas at the exact same time thing or you get nailed, didn't do too well with me.

So, since I start school on Monday and my name is NOT Ms. Daisy, we needed a new car.

Last night was quite the adventure. At first I wanted a Mini Cooper, for a few reasons. But the main one..Charlize Theron in The Italian Job. just kidding (sort of). I've always loved them and they are so fun to drive. So we went to a tiny dealer uptown and found a great deal. However, while we were test driving we realized sadly that our luggage would not fit in it for our trip to the airport next month.

On to Carmax. I will never ever buy another car from anywhere other than Carmax for the rest of my entire life. The cars they sell to people they get from auctions for low prices and hardly raise the price when they sell it. The way they make their money is buying cars from people and then flipping it. And the salesmen don't get a percentage of a sale, so there really is a feel for them just wanting to get you a great price for what you are looking for.

So we were like 2 kids in a candy store last night. We were test driving almost everything, cause everything was so affordable. And I might add before I tell you what we got...luxury cars are plummeting in price right now because of economic factors and since gas prices are low again, everyone is buying SUV's....there were hardly any on the lot. So after we test drove a nice Saab, Spencer turned around and saw this...a BEAUTIFUL, green, 2006 with only 41k miles, MUCH CHEAPER than his HONDA CIVIC SI...

LEXUS IS 250

When you go
ask for Harry

8 comments:

Megan said...

How fun! It's beautiful! I'm jealous - I need a new car. Maybe we'll have to go check out a Carmax ourselves before prices go back up. But I'd better not ask for Harry.

Heather said...

Dang it, I have a 2003 Honda Odyssey MINIVAN than you could have gotten for a screamin' good deal! :)

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

Wow thats really really cute!

Dmcguire25 said...

I am so happy for you!!! Man you go girl now you just need to become a Snob and you got it! Love ya!

Amy S. said...

It's pretty! I think you should name her. :)

Julie said...

What a sexy little car! I love it! And you know how I feel about cars :) Miss ya!

CarMaxChris said...

Hello! I am the social media PR guy at the CarMax home office in Richmond, VA. Google Alerts notified me of your recent blog post mentioning CarMax. I love to read blog entries from happy customers. I hope all your friends will want to visit a CarMax store soon. Thanks for being a CarMax customer!

Tammie said...

Oh my gosh, I love Carmax too. We bought our Saab there. And Harry was our salesman too! My brother has the Lexus IS and it's really nice. Congrats on the new car.