Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dasher and Catan

We had such a great game night last night with the Merrills.

First on the table was Balderdash. It's been years since I have played this game, and I just remember uncontrollable laughter, and last night was no different. The highlight definitions of the evening:

Gnomon: Jamaican porch statue

Weedmonkey: cousin to the sea horse.

Hornito: spanish word of hornet

Hackmatack: Canine cardiac arrest

But the winning definition goes to:
Subito: The cousin to labito- meaning sex drive as determined by sub sandwiches.

And then I have to give the winner of Settlers of Catan honorable mention, and NO it was not me. This person has previously strongly disliked this game, and didn't even want to play. And all throughout the game last night he was in last place. And then he pulled a fast one on all of us and we all got blindsided by his cleverness.

Way to go SPENCER!

Those of you not familiar with Spencer...when it comes to boardgames...he NEVER wins.

5 comments:

West and Darci said...

I love Balderdash! That is one of my favorites. You can be really creative with that one. We got a new game in a gift exchange called wits and wagers. Ever heard of it?

Kasey said...

I'm so glad you found me! I lost your address some time ago. You guys look great! Now we'll be able to keep in touch via blog. Hooray!

Dmcguire25 said...

Way to go Spencer!!! All I know is to never sit next to AnnaMarie or Across from her while playing a game. Granted we were playing spoons so I guess you have to expect some violence but with AnnaMarie violence (or I dont know lets say squashing of a head) could happen at anytime during any game she is losing! LOL!!! Love ya girl and go Spencer!!!

Amy S. said...

Aaron ALWAYS wins at Balderdash. I tell him it's because he's a good bullshi**er. :)

Embers said...

I LOVE catan!!!