Saturday, December 19, 2009

In the Top 5 of "Best Days Ever"

It actually started off sadly...with saying goodbye to my parents at 5:15 am. But it was all uphill from there.

Pueblo Bonito hosted a beach volleyball tournament today at the Blanco resort. There were 20 entrees. We played teams of 4, co-ed. When we arrived I was actually kind of nervous when I got a look at our competition. I was figuring it was going to be the same people I play with/against over at Sunset beach...(which would have been an ace in the hole). Alas, such was not the case.

It was AWESOME!

Some of these guys playing could easily be playing in the AVP tour in the states.

So, I was hoping for at most 2nd place.

It was pretty easy getting to the final championship game...(the 3rd match I served the ball 14 times)

But then we were up against the pros...But I am so proud of my team!!!

Me, Spencer, Miguel, and Jose...pulled it out of somewhere and won 1st place!!!

We won Pueblo Bonito t-shirts and FREE DRINK COUPONS!
It was close too! Final score...21-19. phew.

our competition really was fierce.

Highlight from final: I'm middle front...Kieran (6'6 guy on the other side) goes up to spike and Miguel (on my side) goes up to block, so I am right there waiting for a tip...instead of tipping the ball Kieran turns his shoulder and slams the ball right off of my forehead. He hit it is so hard and fast that I had ZERO time to react...AND he annihilated my sinus infection. i dropped straight to the ground. it was awesome.

But the awesome day doesn't end there. No, no, no. I have had many days of playing awesome volleyball, and have won more t-shirts than you could possibly imagine.

After volleyball we hung around the resort a bit and played with our WONDERFUL friends in the pool there. Miguel's family is AMAZING! His little boy just melts my heart. I love having wonderful friends here!

So, then Spencer and I went to dinner at the marina at Senor Sweets, and had the most delicious pizza I have EVER had. seriously...that is saying something. It was bbq chicken pizza with cilantro. AMAZING!

But it doesn't stop there....

Then we went to what is now ranking in my top 10 of favorite movies....AVATAR! (in the VIP theater with lazy boy recliners)
if you haven't seen this movie yet...go now.

Great volleyball+ winning great volleyball +great friends+great beach+great food + great movie+ great date with my man= IN THE TOP 5 OF BEST DAYS EVER!

2 comments:

Amy S. said...

Glad you had a great day! I'm happy your sinus issues were taken care of, free of charge! My boys are stoked to see Avatar...I'm glad I finally heard some viewers opinions on it!

Megan said...

Congratulations! What a fun day! We had heard Avatar was awesome from a friend of Dennis', so I'm looking forward to seeing it even more now!