Thursday, February 5, 2009

AWARENESS!

You know how at some point in a person's life they find something that strikes a cord in their body to where they KNOW that they are passionate about doing it or helping with it, or just being involved some how. Well, that happened to me last weekend. We went and saw the movie "Taken". And I was literally sobbing all the way home afterward. It is about a man whose teenage daughter is kidnapped into a sex trafficking ring in Europe and he goes and gets her. (GO LIAM!) I can not imagine a worse fate for any young man or woman. That is my greatest fear for ANYBODY! So, I did a bunch of research over the weekend about it. Sex trafficking is 2ND to drug trafficking!! Hundreds of THOUSANDS of woman are trafficked every year into.... SAN FRANCISCO ALONE! These women come mainly from Asia who were under the impression that they were coming here to work as waitresses or models, so they get free airfare and fake documentation to get them here. And then once here, they are under 24 hour surveillance held captive by men who tell them if they escape they will be arrested by a government they have no familiarity with, and they are 'forced/raped' to work off the money it took to get them here, and then some! There are at least 90,000 "massage parlors" in San Francisco which are used for this horrible crime! And the main clients...RICH MARRIED MEN!
The reason I bring this up, is because I am absolutely DISGUSTED that NOTHING is being done about this MOST HEINOUS CRIME! Now this is only speculation, but I believe nothing is being done about this by our government, because look at what kind of men are in our government....PROBABLY MOST OF THE CUSTOMERS!
But FINALLY! I love Glenn Beck so much. Today I saw this...and there may be hope...it may be just a glimmer, but finally with the release of "Taken" and what Glenn Beck is trying to kick start...something can be done.

3 comments:

Dmcguire25 said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! YOU ROCK, NOW JUST FINISH SCHOOL AND FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!! ANNAMARIE VS PREVERTS!!! Man my money totally on AnnaMarie she is mean when she is mad or sad. Lets just say she looks nice but if you cross her she will take you down and you will not even know!

Spencer and AnnaMarie said...

Thanks Dani...I think.

Dmcguire25 said...

Did you call me DANI??? What the
#$%#??? What did I do to you, see what I mean she hits you at your weaknesses!!!