Friday, August 1, 2008

My opinions are facts

At least on movies they are. And I thought I was finally going to get to critique a movie this past Wednesday night. Michelle scored by finding tickets to a free movie screening of Brideshead Revisited. And it was at the fabulous movie theater by South Park mall, and my new favorite eatery...Dean and Deluca (now referred to as heaven). So, I thought it was one of those screenings where I get to choose my favorite trailer out of a few they show you, and give my opinion on the movie. Such was not the case. A guy stood in front of us and said, "Okay folks, share what you think about the movie with your friends." And that was it. So, since I got in for free I would be doing this fellow a disservice by not upholding my end of the bargain. THE MOVIE SUCKED!
It did have potential. However, something just wasn't right. I kept expecting tragedy to strike, and it really never did. I can't tell if it was the writing that was aloof, or the acting that was the real tragedy. Alas, Michelle and I suffered in silence throughout the almost 3 hour movie to only say at the end of it...well, at least it was free.
The evening was not a total loss. I claim 2 triumphs. One...the fabulous rotisserie chicken salad from Dean and Deluca. And two...we FINALLY took a decent picture.
What do you expect when one of us has to hold the camera.
Anyway, the whole free movie screening has greatly intrigued me. So, if you want to watch possibly horrible movies for free, click me.

No comments: