Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Christmas

I don't even know where to begin with what we have done over the past few days. Let me just start by saying it was the most fun ever! And guess what??!! I got zero pictures of it all. I'll just post images from google representing the activities in which we participated.

Christmas Eve: We spent ALL DAY long at the Concord Mills Outlet Mall. Got home, watched Family Man.

Love that movie.

At around 9pm we remembered that we were going to do something nice for one of our less fortunate neighbors. We wanted to leave one of those gift baskets with the beef log and cheeses on their front porch.

So we drove to every major grocery store within a 10 mile radius only to find that they were all closed. Except for WALGREENS!! Alas, NO BEEF LOG.

But they did have those popcorn bins, and who doesn't love getting those!!

So we pull up in this parking lot next to our neighbor's house, and I see him actually walking in this parking lot toward his home. I say to Spencer, "Hey, that's him!" And Spencer decides to stare at him. Which provokes this guy to throw up his arms and do that 'sweating us' motion with his body.

So Spencer just waves 'hi' at him

and continues driving in circles in the parking lot.
I was laughing so hard, I decided that it would be best if I remained in the car whilst Spencer continues to make the delivery. 10 minutes later...mission successful. The guy didn't shut his front door for that long, so Spencer just stood out front of his house all the while hoping the man doesn't come outside with a shotgun.

again....I was laughing too hard to help. Alas, the guy got his popcorn.

Christmas Day: Opened up presents from my mom! She is soooo awesome at gift giving. Spencer got some really nice clothes. And I got a beautiful scarf and new wallet.
This is how gift giving works with me and Spence. We budget out our money, split it in half, and go shopping together and just get what we want. Luckily Spencer likes to shop as much as I do, so we really have fun doing it that way.

After the morning festivities we headed over to our friends house for a great afternoon!! She cooked HOME MADE Italiano!! We had Meatballs, Eggplant Parmesan, Lasagna, and we brought the pumpkin pie. It was so amazing.

Since we were enjoying 70 degree weather here, we decided to work it all off with the funnest game on the planet!
LADDER GOLF


You throw these golf balls that are connected by a rope and try to lasso them around these different levels. If you wrap it around the top level: 3 points, middle level: 2 points; bottom level: 1 point. You play til 21. It ROCKS!!

1st place: Spencer
2nd place: Michelle
3rd place: Yours truly
4th place: Jason
5th place: Mike

I demand a rematch. The winner's bracket wasn't organized very efficiently. I actually won just as many games as Spencer.

Then on to more games inside.
Speed Scrabble:
Pretty sure I dominated that one.

Wii trivia: Teams of men vs. women. It came out pretty even, although Michelle and I brought it in the end!!


We are so grateful to have such wonderful friends here! We really had a great day. And hope all of you did too!




3 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I've never heard of that ladder golf game before, but it sounds great!

Love your internet pics, especially the ones representing Spencer and your neighbor. :-)

Embers said...

oh gosh those popcorn bins bring back memories... my grandparents had like 4 of those one year... needless to say popcorn got everywhere!


ack scrabble... i ALWAYS lose that one.

Bryce said...

Good Christmas fun!
(Thought I'd pop in on you guys. Hope you've had/are having a great Sunday!)