Sunday, October 12, 2008

The most beautiful sound in the world

Do you know what the most beautiful sound in the world is?? I use to think that maybe it was this
singing bird Pictures, Images and Photos

or this

magia blanca Pictures, Images and Photos

Or perhaps
Tom Smart - Deseret News Pictures, Images and Photos

Alas, I had been mistaken

...until yesterday...

when I heard this:




Spencer and I got FREE tickets to the NASCAR Bank of America 500 Race last night!! I was always of the mindset of "What is the big freaking deal about cars driving in 334 circles??" Well, my friends, last night I learned what the big freaking deal is....it's this. You can literally feel all your organs rearranging themselves to the giant roar of all those engines as they fight to get ahead of the next guy and then the next guy, all the while trying not to slam into each other or the wall. "He gave us our ears that we may hear the magical sound of things..." Those cars are magical. I then began to understand the phrases I heard on the 2 mile hike from our parking spot to our seats....such as "The Mecca of Religion".

It was really a great show... it started off with these BMX guys doing CRAZY stunts off of a jump. Stuff from the X Games. One guy went up the jump and did a front flip... He crashed hard the 1st time, but nailed it the next.


And then we got a 30 minute concert from Jessica Simpson, and 5 minutes with Cindy McCain. (Wished that would have been vice versa)..and then the FANTASTIC fly over with a Bomber and fireworks as a tribute to our troops!!


oh and to Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson; you guys have 2 new fans.

The headphones weren't cause the noise was too loud (even though it was, but it was AWESOME), they were actually plugged into a little TV so we could hear who crashed and why.

Oh, AND Bank of America gave us $46 of free food too!! So we got 6 hours of AWESOME entertainment, excitement, exhiliration, food, and snacks for the price of $10......parking.




I guess my transformation is almost complete. Now, I just need to find a liking for fatback, fried ocre, and boiled peanuts, and I am officially a redneck. heaven help me.

6 comments:

Matt and Jeanette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt and Jeanette said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dmcguire25 said...

LOL,LOL, LOL, LOL!!! I think I just wet myself thinking about you as a redneck!!!! I am in tears because I see you transforming!! Why need our advice on a dye job when we should be giving you advice on a single wide trailor and which tooth to knock out! LOL!!! TJ will be so proud! I love you girl... Oh god maybe I should clarify since you are going redneck and in gods eyes we are sisters, I love you in spirit and in my heart not like sibblings getting MARRIED!!! LOL, I am funny you just dont know it yet! I love you and I am so proud of the savings! I got more excited about the 6 hours of entertainment and lots of free stuff for 10.00!!! I am so cheap, but it is great!

Angela said...

AWESOME!!!!!

Matt and Jeanette said...

What are the side-effects of turning red-neck? They can't be good. I hope you guys are going to be okay!

Amy S. said...

Nascar? You guys need to move back west. The south has gotten to you!