Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day



I have a father named Craig
He's getting up there in age

But he still does things that no one else can
I'll always be convinced that he is Superman

He's flown high in the sky

Fighting for freedom for the next guy
Even captured the enemy's flag

And trained Egyptian militia to fight in Baghdad

Scripting Reagan's Stars Wars Theory??
If I said yes, I may have to kill you ....no, really.
Bringing economic balance to Crescent City
And the list just gets longer....ideally.

Taking bullets in his head
Flying missions in his friends' stead

Nothing was to his own gain and glory
But for our nation's enduring story

Of freedom and equality for mankind
I love this great dad of mine
But his greatest mission ever tried

Was raising 3 awesome kids with a lovely woman by his side.

LOVE YOU DADDY!

4 comments:

Matt and Jeanette said...

What a great Fahter's Day gift! Very cool B!

Tina said...

Way Awesome!!! Loved the poem.

Julie said...

Wow... what a hidden talent you have! Love ya girl...

Dmcguire25 said...

That was great! I loved the poem, what a great way to honor your dad! I am so happy for you and I am sure just see what an amazing woman you have become is the greatest gift of all. Now that I have been nice, the part about bullets in the head brings up a great story. I heard this story about this girl in Egypt, Lets call her... Oh I dont know AnnaMarie. Well, this little girl was playing with her dog I believe is how the STORY went. When a wolf or another dog attacked her and her dog jumped in to defend her. Well the STORY goes on and the little girl takes a bullet to the head by her Dad because he was saving her and the dog, bad shot or big head??? The girl grew up to be a wonderful spoon smoother and fibber!!!! She has this large scar on her head and she is alive. Im not sure where I heard that story but man I would love to meet that brave girl. I heard that the buillet injury caused constant hiccuping, the ability to blow great snot rockets in the shower, and the pitch of her laugh (before she pees) is increased tremendously... But she is loved by all and she is an amazing person. I love her... even though she is a liar!!!