Sunday, June 22, 2008

31...Spence is the man!

I am married to a guy who is 31. wow. we're getting old.
Where else would we go other than a Mexican restaurant? We eat Mexican food about 3 times a week. Spencer possibly eats it more than that, cause if he has any business dinners or lunch.....yep La Unica. But for his B-Day we splurged and went to Don Pedros. I say splurged cause their sombrero is bigger.

The reason I don't sound too excited right now is because about 10 minutes ago I found out that I am speaking in Church next Sunday. I'm really excited about it being right before 4th of July and my subject is really awesome..I just hate standing in front of everyone. I'd definitely rather be in the casket than giving the eulogy.

Anyway, last Sunday was his birthday and we had our dear friends all meet us for dinner, on Saturday, at Don Pedros and then off to see the movie "The Incredible Hulk". Which was a good movie, but honestly after seeing "Ironman", which was the greatest movie so far this year, Hulk didn't quite do it for me. Im excited to see "The Dark Knight" and "Hancock", but as for super hero movies, I can't see it getting any better than "Ironman". And what is weird about that is all the other movies have all my favorite actors in them...minus Russell Crowe. I've never been a Downey fan, but Christian Bale, Will Smith, and Edward Norton have ALWAYS been in my top 4. I think that Robert Downey Jr. is to "Ironman" as Kiefer Sutherland is to Jack Bauer.

Okay, so let's talk about how awesome Spence is. Or how awesome I am. Cause I picked the most amazing man. His dreams and goals and spirit and motivation and sensitivity and mindfulness are unparalleled. Him and I rarely argue or fight and if we do it is usually my fault cause well, I'm a Bradford. But exponentially more mellow now that I've been with Spencer for the past 6 years. His knowledge and love for the Gospel reminds me of my dad and is so fun to discuss. He is so caring, and his drive and determination to achieve goals and succeed and make life what he wants it to be is so amazing. If you know his background and where he came from and what he has been through, you would know what I am talking about. I love him so much. Oh and not to mention those Italian good looks....he's 31 and looks about 24. Thick hair. nice. His dad is in his upper 50's and looks about 18.
And I laugh so hard. yeah, i know...I laugh at everything. But seriously folks...hilarious. I get a good ab workout at least once a day. Boy, especially at church. I don't know what it is...but he thinks of the funniest things to say there. Not making fun of anyone, just ...something. Like if he can't see the words in the Hymn book he'll just sing whatever... or even if he can see them. or..."So basically, what I can conclude from this conversation, is that our existence depends on your hygiene". (inside joke...not going into detail)
And he is so thoughtful. Like right as I was typing this he walked up to me and handed me some brand new Mary Kay face wash that I have been out of and forgot to order some, so he picked some up for me while visiting a lady today..coupled with a huge warm hug. I don't know what I did to deserve him because I was a rotten teenager but I am so glad that Heavenly Father knew I needed a guy just like him. He has helped me get through the hardest times in my life that I know I couldn't have survived without him. Because he always points me back to the Savior. Whenever I am upset or depressed or missing Daniel or whatever, he always suggests that we go to the temple. Those are always the first words out of his mouth. I am so grateful for him and I never want to be without him. And thankfully, I never will be.

Man, I love him.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hey girl! Looks like you had a fun birthday weekend with your hubby! Good luck on that church talk...

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

I hate speaking in church! It looks like you guys had a fun birthday!

Matt and Jeanette said...

Spencer!! Happy Birthday-what kind of family member am I-I didn't even know! Mexican food...what have we all learned about Mexican food? If it's hot goin in...it's going to be hot comin out! Hope the meal was agreeable!

You guys are awesome!