Thursday, August 13, 2009

Trees of Mystery

Today my dad took us to the Trees of Mystery about 45 minutes south, in Klamath.
My dad is very good friends with the owner, so we got a GREAT tour of the park and musuem. Thank you so much John!


Trees of Mystery is one of 3 places in the entire world that has a gondola strictly for the forest....versus getting to a ski lift. Australia and Costa Rica are the two other places.

This was so majestically wonderful.

going up

and up

and up

and up

ALL of this view is REDWOOD FOREST.
Old growth and new growth. Some of these trees are over 2,000 years old.
Some scientists are now speculating that some may be millions of years old.



The fog is starting to roll over from the ocean.

And this is the Brotherhood tree.
This tree is a BEAST!

Redwoods are so incredible. Did you know that Redwood trees never really die if they fall over. If they fall over their limbs grow into trees, and form like a candelabra. And that is what they are called too.

AMAZING.

Here Paul Bunyen is giving me the boot after...

Spencer tried to help Babe carry his 'burdens'

6 comments:

Brenda said...

How fun this looks!! The Redwoods are absolutely gorgeous. It looks like you guys are having a great time in California.

Amy S. said...

That's some big burden(s)!

Cody and Wendy said...

That looks AMAZING! I would love to see the Redwoods. Maybe we should make it a trip!! :) Did you get the pictures I emailed to you?

Derrick, Rochelle, Talen, Ava and Lyla said...

Love the last picture!

Angela said...

Yeah, big deal. I have trees like that in my back yard. =).

Julie said...

How embarrassing that I sent you an empty envelope! Oh my... Yes, there was supposed to be a cute announcement in there! I hope you were the only one that happened to! I can't believe what a dork I am. I'm blaming it on lack of sleep. I'll get another one in the mail today! Love ya...