Thursday, May 1, 2008

Painting

so the construction of that bloody bookcase has set into motion a slew of renovation projects. Now that i have all those books and boxes out of the spare bedroom, I have decided to paint it before I move in all the furniture. Well, anyone who knows my love of painting and design, knows that I have to make it the most impossible project to complete in only one day. Im doing 5 different walls 3 different colors. (promise..it's gonna look awesome). I must pat myself on the back for getting the 'dark' (Java) wall done AND the ceiling (Vast Blue) all done in only 4 hours last night. But my excitement to possibly complete the project in just 2 days has come to an utter and complete halt....errrrrrrrr. Since I haven't done this type of painting yet, I didn't take into account that I can't cut the "Java" wall until the paint has set for at least 48 hours. And since I have plans Friday night, that means I can't get it done til Saturday...grrrrrrrr. And the rest of the house is a tragedy b/c all my furniture is spread throughout the whole of it. So I find myself settled into blogging and about to watch "The Bourne Identity". love that movie. Maybe that worked out good, cause my left arm...yeah..not feeling too hot after the rigorous motions of painting last night. But oooohhhhh...how I do love it.

2 comments:

Kari Whiting said...

hey lady, i would love to come see your new painting job. i love decorating!! although i'm not sure why cause i'm not so good at it but maybe someday when i have my own house i'll be good. give me a call sometime and we'll get together!!

Julie said...

Wow! That was overwhelming! It sounds like you're on speed girl! You've gotta relax! I know... I'm the same with projects... once I start one, I have to finish quickly! I miss you cousin... when are you coming to visit???