Sunday, April 27, 2008

I love the temple... and geese

Yesterday was so great. Some of our very best friends, Jason and Michelle, invited us to their sealing to their adopted daughter Chase Delaney in the Columbia, SC temple. Awesome experience.
For those who don't know what that means, it is an ordinance performed in LDS temples which seals a family for all eternity. So we aren't just together in this life; we get to put up with each other forever. :)


And I guess this is my chance to spotlight Michelle! She is one of my bestest friends ever. She makes me laugh so hard. Of course, coming from me that may not be saying much. Let me put it this way then. I can count on one hand the number of females that have made me laugh so hard I have vomitted. (sorry for the crudeness). Three that I can recall. Very close to 4 though. The first...Janna Bonana. second..Beth. third...MICHELLE. and Jeanette has come pretty close to provoking my upchuck reflex as well. She may get me Memorial Day weekend though. And to me that is really saying something. I think I just feel so much joy around these women that when they make me laugh I get so much more excited that my body can't handle it and it makes me sick. True mark of friendship.
In all seriousness though, Michelle is such a great example to me of a good friend, wife and mother. Chase is so lucky to have been found and adopted by these 2 wonderful people. I am so lucky and blessed to be apart of their lives.
Such a classic picture.


And then to add to an amazing weekend, after 3 weeks of headache we FINALLY were able to complete the construction of our bookcase!! Yeah....3 weeks people. Now, I am not one to complain, however, just in case you have an overwhelming urge to buy furniture from Costco...have them open and check inside it before you leave...(if they can even do that). Anyway, it is the gorgeous Mahogany one with the lights coming from the top, and glass shelving. I won't go into details...let's just say...not all functional pieces arrived in box. Each week we would realize something else was busted or missing from the box. But Spence got it set up and I got our books in it...
I still need to add a plant here and a picture there to some shelves, but you get why I was so excited to discuss its completion. Now that I have our extra bedroom clear of those huge boxes and piles of books, I can get it painted and set up to have visitors....or hopefully a kid. And just to add a note on what my favorite books are on those shelves, in no particular order... Jane Eyre, Anna Karenina, the complete works of Jane Austen, Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow. And right now I am reading "The Last Jihad" series....incredible. oh and Twilight series was good to, but I borrowed those.

AND...we finally have animals of OUR own in OUR yard. I always hear about my parents seeing deer or bears on their property, and lately my brother has taken up the sport of squirrel poaching with a rifle in his yard, and finally Spencer and I awoke to this this morning...









Matthew is not allowed to bring his rifle when he comes to visit.

1 comment:

Janna Stevens said...

I am so glad that I got a shout out for the vomit on my carpet!!! Just reading that makes me laugh. Love you.

Janna