Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lots of random funness



On the 16th of February we were able to check into our MonteCristo Estates villa for one full month! It was so much fun. Our first night there, we hosted a Sushi night with a few of our dear friends that both live here and were visiting. "Good times, noodle salad."



It was delicious! Our friend Claudia is a professional sushi chef, and she did an incredible job.

It was fascinating to watch her make it....it was the best sushi I have ever had!

Let me give a brief explanation before the viewing of the next photo. I haven't taken a bath since like 1986. I don't know how much bubble to put into a bath. So, the maid had left one little 'sample' size bottle on our awesomely HUGE tub. I thought it took the whole bottle.

This is where Spencer caught me doing my "Pretty Woman" impression. (singing "Kiss" by Prince)



Later that first week we went back up to Magdalena Bay with our friends Dan and Nancy. We got to go out on a panga with Ed, and saw incredible wildlife in the estuaries. That place is fabulous.





Then our parents arrived for one month to stay in the other villa. Yeah, I got ZERO pics. Sorry mom. It's just that you guys are so fun, I totally forget to take a picture, b/c my thoughts are totally engrossed in the funness we are having. ;)

With the emotional ups of good times with family and friends....there was ONE down. Spencer was backed up into by a tour van. The driver threw his car into reverse not thinking anyone was behind him and BOOM! nailed Spencer. Luckily, thankfully, noone was hurt.


And it stills drives...so while the responsible party is ordering our Lexus parts from San Diego we can still drive it.

Thanks mom and dad for the great time! we love you and miss you!

2 comments:

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

That food looks amazing! I like Sushi.

Trina DeNatly said...

I want to come stay in my own lovely haven for a month!!! My girls can stay at your place, right???