Friday, September 11, 2009

Random Funness

Okay, I'm over my depressing increase of age. We've been having some fun!

First of all, my parents have an incredible garden here, and I have learned so much. In another life I'm guessing I was raised on a small Tuscan farm harvesting vidalia onions, roma tomatoes, and grapes, in the midst of tall beautiful happy sunflowers.


Isn't she beautiful...she is at least 13 ft tall



These were all harvested by yours truly.
Growing your own vegetables...wow, I never thought veggies could taste so good.




So before tennis yesterday morning, the deer stopped by for a visit. And this momma and baby have gotten so use to us, they just do their thing while we do ours. I'm determined to have them eating out of my hand before we leave here next month. Right now, they just stare at me, with a very curious look in their eye.

What was really cool, was when we came back from tennis about 3 hours later...they were still there, laying underneath the apple tree relaxing. So we all ate lunch outside with them. It was so sweet.



As for my birthday dinner...we went to Bella Italiano in Brookings, OR. Holy crap...best Italian food in the U.S. It ranks right up there with Salvatore's in Mexico. I got to wear my birthday present...an adorable crochet trimmed flutter sleeved top from Victoria's Secret. You can't see it in this picture, but it is awesome. Thanks Spencer!!




5 comments:

Matt and Jeanette said...

Matt and Jeanette's First thoughts:

VIctoria's Secret...lets keep that outfit to ourselves!
Sunflower--- it was actually a male sunflower
Bambi and mother---too cute to shoot!
Veggies---Good job!
Your Birthday dinner---YUM!

Spencer and AnnaMarie said...

I didn't offer a penny...keep your thoughts to yourself.

Heather said...

You went to dinner in your BIRTHDAY SUIT? Go, Spencer!

And seriously, your life sounds way too wonderful. Are you guys working right now or just making the rest of us jealous?

Grimes said...

oh my goodness! I love bambi and mommy!!! I want them!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.